Relieving Headaches & TMJD (2.0 CEUs)
Techniques for Tension Headaches and Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
Could you be doing more to help your clients with headaches and Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJD)?
Headaches and TMJD are common issues that we see in our practices as bodyworkers. While these are separate issues, the territories that we can address to help our clients are have a lot of overlap. Most bodyworkers have a sound approach to their neck work, but that's only one small part of the picture when it comes to addressing headaches and TMJD. There are a few other key territories that are often related to these dysfunctions.
To become proficient at addressing headaches and TMJD you need to know how to work the neck, head, face, and jaw (externally and intra-orally).
Tension headaches and TMJD can be related to tightness in any of these territories. Understanding how to work these areas in detail can make a huge difference in your success when addressing headaches and TMJD in your practice. This course is jam packed with approaches to address each of these territories (including intra-orally!) safely and effectively.
NOTE: This course is approved by NCBTMB (451212-10) and the FL State Massage Board (20-992226) for 2.0 CEUs. Once the course has been completed and a brief quiz is taken, your certificate of completion will be automatically emailed to you. FL State LMTs, we will need your license number to submit your hours to CE Broker (email us at [email protected] upon course completion).
In this course, you will:
- Gain a basic understanding of the anatomy of the head, neck, and jaw
- Learn the difference between headaches and migraines
- Learn specific manual therapy techniques to address the head, neck, and jaw (externally and intra-orally)
- Learn which territories to work to help your clients find relief from headaches & TMJD
- This class also include a downloadable handout reviewing the Concepts of Palpation, the anatomy of the head, neck, and jaw, the techniques shown in the course, and more!
After taking this course you will be able to tailor your work to each individual client's needs by utilizing the Concepts of Palpation of the Morales Method®. You will know specific techniques to safely and effectively work the neck, head, and jaw. And finally, you will be able to combine the concepts of palpation with the techniques shown in order to treat headaches and TMJD in your practice via manual therapy.
Register for this course below to get started! now!
Get started now!
- Certified Advanced Rolfer®, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and FL State Massage Board (50-31259) approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Academy of Structural Integration
- Author: Deep Tissue Bodywork- A New Approach to a Classic Modality, Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed, and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials from previous students here.
StartFrontalis & the Scalp (14:58)
StartTracking the Jaw (8:33)
StartTemporalis & Masseter (12:43)
StartDigastric Muscle (6:08)
StartIntro to Intraoral Work (5:07)
StartIntraoral Work- Left Side (10:09)
StartIntraoral Work- Right Side (8:53)
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't miss out on your chance to expand your skills and learn how to treat headaches and TMJD in your practice!
Register below and get started today!